ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation by group

2007-06-22 15:50:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation by group
From: Nick Laflamme <nick.laflamme AT NIST DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:48:51 -0400
I misread your note, and I apologize. What I wrote made sense if you
were asking about a node that was already known to TSM but hadn't been
in the collocated pool before you added it to the collocation group. But
you're describing a situation with a new node to TSM, and my answer
makes no sense on that context. I apologize for the resulting confusion.

Nick

Richard Mochnaczewski wrote:
Actually, on my tape pools I had to enable collocate by group instead of node.

I don't see the point in doing a move nodedata. Why would I want to collocate
all my data on that node ? If I run a selective on all filesystems, I would
have a full image of what the syestem looked like today. If I had a DR
situation in a week , then
I know that most of my data is mostly on one tape. If I do a move nodedata and move all
the data, I would have a lot more tapes to deal with. I would rather let
retnetion/expiration come into play and drop the older files and keep my collocation
"clean".

Rich