ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Suppress windows space nag?

2007-06-19 08:28:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Suppress windows space nag?
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:27:37 -0500
Look at this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/winntas/maintain/mngntreg/regtw
k.mspx?mfr=true

Andy Huebner
-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Steven Harris
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 9:25 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] Suppress windows space nag?

Hi All

I have a customer running TSM 5.4 server on Windows 2003.  He had some
old, slow disk lying around so I configured this as sequential pool and
this is working reasonably well.

I have set up the device class to use the I: J: K: and L: drives and
allow the system to allocate scratch volumes as necessary.  This means
that the drives do fill up.  TSM has no problem with this and simply
moves on to the next drive in sequence, but windows complains loud, long
and unnecessarily about low disk space,  repeatedly popping up and
interrupting whatever one is trying to do on the console.

Is there any sane method to stop Windows 2003 from nagging about space
problems on particular drives?

Thanks

Steve

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Administrator
Brisbane Australia
Interviewing now for jobs in Sydney - snap me up immediately before I'm
taken!

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized
representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying
or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.