ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to Incorporate a CDL into TSM environment?

2007-06-15 09:06:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to Incorporate a CDL into TSM environment?
From: Charles A Hart <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:05:05 -0500
Validate with EMC that the the 1200MBps is Native or compressed, we had
the same discussion with our CDL 740 and the actual max was 469MBS.  I'm
not sure if the newer 4100 is clustering the VTL Heads to get an actual
1200MBS.

Charles Hart

lowneil <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
06/12/2007 05:37 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] How to Incorporate a CDL into TSM environment?

We are considering purchasing a CDL 4100 and EMC is telling us we will get
1200MBps performance.  Can anyone provide feedback on how their VTL --
specifically EMC DL 4100 is performing?  I have spoken to some friends who
have implemented one and are getting much lower performance #s... they say
100MB-200MB.

Thanks.