ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 3592 shown as Generic tape even after installin device drive

2007-06-15 00:14:29
Subject: [ADSM-L] 3592 shown as Generic tape even after installin device drive
From: sonu <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 04:27:51 -0700
HI All,
     I am trying to configure 3592 tapedrive in TSM5.4 in AIX5.3 I have
installed Atape9.7.5.0.bin(also tried Atape.10.5.2.0.bin)  device driver. When
i had defined devclass and query drive the devicetype is shown as generic tape
drive.
When i labeled volume drives goes offline.
Can anybody tell me what could be the problem.

library,drive and path for both defined in TSM

Thanks
Sunanda