ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Move drmedia

2007-06-14 09:13:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Move drmedia
From: Matthew Warren <Matthew_WARREN AT BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:12:10 +0100
I have used DRM commands just to manage DB backups in some cases, without
moving around copypool volumes. Just identify the volumes you wish to work
with and specify volume names with your move drm commands.

I use a small script to query the volhist t=dbb and identify the volume
names to manage

Then

move drm (volume) tostate=vault

To bring back expired db volumes,

move drm * wherestate=vaultretrieve tostate=onsiteretrieve

checkin libv lalalib status=scratch search=yes labels=barcode

I guess its a choice of using empty copypools etc.. to get TSM to work as
you like, or using supporting scripts to achieve what you need. Whichever
is preferable.

Matt.

http://tsmwiki.com/

           Internet
           Pierre.Caye AT ALCATEL-LUCENT DOT FR

           Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                cc

           14/06/2007 12:51
    Subject
                                                 [ADSM-L] Move drmedia

                 Please respond to
                ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hi all,

I wish to manage dbbackup media exclusively with drm.
My purpose is, in fact, to manage dbbackup media retention through drm.

When I look at set drmcopy, I can see that it is not possible to set a
value that tell TSM not to manage any of the copy stgpools.

When I look at move drmedia, it seems to be impossible to make a move
drm whithout moving copy stgpools media.

DRMedia--volume_name------------------------------------>
                .-Source--=--DBBackup-------.

>--+---------------------------+-------------------------------->
                '-Source--=--+-DBBackup---+-'
                             +-DBSnapshot-+
                             '-DBNOne-----'

             Source
                  Specifies whether to include database backup volumes for
processing.
                  This parameter is optional. The default is DBBACKUP. The
choices are:
                  DBBackup
                       Specifies that Tivoli Storage Manager includes full
and
                       incremental database backup volumes for processing.
                  DBSnapshot
                       Specifies that Tivoli Storage Manager includes
database snapshot
                       backup volumes for processing.
                  DBNOne
                       Specifies that Tivoli Storage Manager does not
include
any
                       database backup volumes for processing.

Can anyone have an idea ?