ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8355E-I/O error has brought the tape from Read Write to Unavailable

2007-06-13 08:30:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8355E-I/O error has brought the tape from Read Write to Unavailable
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 08:28:34 -0400
On Jun 13, 2007, at 8:17 AM, zareyna salim wrote:

I have update all the unavailable tape to read write status and run
the back
up but still I encountered the ANR8355E error and the tapes again
change the
status to unavailable.

Experienced causes of that message are in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/
ADSM.QuickFacts .
You don't say whether you labeled the tapes, via 'LABEl LIBVolume' or
the dsmlabel command or per the AUTOLabel library definition.  That's
the most common missing ingredient.  A shared library where the non-
TSM sharer has overwritten the TSM tape is worse.

  Richard Sims