ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Question on filespace type

2007-06-10 06:38:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Question on filespace type
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 06:37:28 -0400
On Jun 10, 2007, at 1:46 AM, Robert Ouzen Ouzen wrote:

My question is why when I do a query fi after the backup  I still
see on the Filespace Type FAT32 (my old type) instead NTFS (my new
one) ????

Hello, Robert -

In the early days of ADSM, it was the case that the Filespace Type
would be set during the initial backup/archive of a file system, but
then that server-held attribute would remain unchanged despite
upgrades to the client file system.

However, all indications are that the Filespace Type as recorded by
TSM should change with client realities, to accurately track what the
client currently has.  Ancient APAR IC28929 so indicates.  I would
suggest opening a problem report with TSM Support to have this pursued.

   Richard Sims