ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] delete specific files off tsm backups

2007-06-08 12:25:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] delete specific files off tsm backups
From: Matthew Warren <Matthew_WARREN AT BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 17:19:53 +0100
Hi,

I'm not certain as I can't test from where I am right now but my first
point of call would be to see if the 'API' indication means the file was
placed there using an API agent, rather than with the baclient.

Then, if that is the case, I would suspect that the baclient 'delete
backup' command will not work; TSM see's objects from the API (TDP agents,
etc..) as separate entities outside of the incremental / selective process.

http://tsmwiki.com/tsmwiki/Api
Matthew Warren.

           Internet
           AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM

           Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                cc

           08/06/2007 17:05
    Subject
                                                 [ADSM-L] delete specific files
off tsm
                                                 backups
                 Please respond to
                ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hello tsm guru(s),

      When I run the command........
tsm > query backup \ora_sec_db\* -subdir=yes

it returns .........

 Size      Backup Date        Mgmt Class A/I File
             ----      -----------        ---------- --- ----
API 67,178,496 KB  11/02/2006 09:05:13    DEFAULT     A
\ora_sec_db\orcnt\07i1cfgv_1_1

but when I am trying  to delete one backup file using the below command, it
says "ANS1302E No objects on server match query".

tsm>delete backup  \ora_sec_db\orcnt\07i1cfgv_1_1

How do you delete a particular file from a particular filespace?

As always, many many thanks.

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382
ext 28164

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and
protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of
this
communication in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it
from your
computer.