ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Canot delete volhist after load db

2007-06-06 11:23:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Canot delete volhist after load db
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:22:36 -0400
On Jun 6, 2007, at 10:48 AM, חנה דרזי wrote:

After Unload and load database 5.3.5 on windows.
When I triy to delete dbbackup records from volume history I get:
DELETE VOLHISTORY: 0 sequential volume history entries were
I delete volumes from 4 days befor and I have volumes from 30 May

How can I fix it ?

This was pursued recently with another customer.  See the thread at
http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/msg71919.html

Database reload resets the DBBackup Series number, resulting in this situation. Using the undocumented Force parameter of DELete VOLHistory is a way out of it.

This is another reason to not do database Unload-Reload without a VERY good reason. (Hope of improving DB performance does not constitute such a reason, in my experience.)

   Richard Sims