ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LABEL LIBV & VOLHIST problem

2007-06-06 08:16:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LABEL LIBV & VOLHIST problem
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 08:14:29 -0400
On Jun 6, 2007, at 4:20 AM, Michael Green wrote:

That volume wasn't in the Library so I decided to label it into the
library to make it scratch volume for anyone use.

The standard procedure is to perform a Checkin of a labeled volume
which is known to TSM and has been out of the library.  I would
recommend reviewing your overall procedures for tape handling to
assure proper life cycle flow of tape cartridges: you don't want to
be performing random actions on TSM volumes.

The ANR1314I message is normal, simply meaning that all TSM data
which had been on the volume is now off (through expiration or
deletion) and so the tape returns to scratch.

  Richard Sims         http://people.bu.edu/rbs/