ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] AW: [ADSM-L] Mixing drive types in logical library 3584

2007-06-05 03:55:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] AW: [ADSM-L] Mixing drive types in logical library 3584
From: Andreas Kaiser <Andreas.Kaiser AT SUEDKURIER DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 09:54:03 +0200
We have 4 LTO1 and 2 LTO3 using different device classes in our 3484,
FORMAT=ULTRIUM*, unpartitioned. Never had any problems moving data from
LTO1 to LTO3 or vice versa, using the "move data" command. TSM does not
seem to use LTO3 drives to read LTO1 though. One NAS device class was
specified with FORMAT=DRIVE (following the docs) but I have never seen
any confusion over this matter, it always used LTO3 for those tapes.

+++ SÜDKURIER Jahresarchiv 2006 auf DVD mit über 300 Ausgaben +++
+++ Alle Texte und Bilder mit bequemer Suchfunktion: www.suedkurier.de/shop +++