ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] expiring older versions of files

2007-06-02 10:04:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] expiring older versions of files
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:03:46 -0400
On Jun 2, 2007, at 1:21 AM, Avy Wong wrote:

Hello,.
         Recently we have decided to change the backup of a db file
from
forever to 7days only. When I do a 'q backup \ora_secure_db\*
-subdir=yes', I see many older versions of the db file backups exist
in the backup pool. Is there a way to expire the unwanted versions? Is
there a way to do it based on dates? Thank you.

Did you perform the necessary VALidate POlicyset and ACTivate
POlicyset to commit the TSM server retention policy changes?  And, of
course, EXPIre Inventory needs to run regularly, to completion.

   Richard Sims