ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DB2 Flashcopy (Shark)

2007-05-31 06:00:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] DB2 Flashcopy (Shark)
From: "Herrmann, Boris" <Boris.Herrmann AT ARAG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 11:59:15 +0200
Hello list members,

in the near future it's planned backing up our SAP DB2 Databases (AIX-Systems /
DB2 Volumes resides on a Shark System) via "Flashcopy" to TSM Server. I've
absolute no knowlege of this issue.

Today we are backing up the database via SAN to the TSM Server without a TDP.
We only use a script which calls the command "db2 backup db xyz online use TSM".

What do we need for using/implementing FlashCopy for our DB2 Databases? Is a
TDP required or is it optional? Is there some documentation for implementing
FlashCopy? (I've no knowlege of the Shark - is this required for TSM
Administrators? - Today only our UNIX colleagues administrate the Shark
environment)

Any help / infors about this issue are appreciate.

With kind regards,

Boris Herrmann

Produktion / Heterogene Systeme

ARAG IT GmbH