ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Upgrade to V5.3.4.2

2007-05-29 15:45:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Upgrade to V5.3.4.2
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:44:33 -0400
Um.  It's not a patch in the sense that it has an APAR number, it's a patch in
the sense that it isn't in a formal install package.

Go to the FTP site and look in the TOOLS directory:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/tools/

Select either WINDOWS or UNIX depending on where your TSM server runs.

Download the files and read the README very CAREFULLY, there are several steps.

After you copy the files, you shut down your server and enter a dsmserv runfile
command to load the files, then bring your TSM server back up.  It's in the
instructions.

I've installed the patch many times on both Windows and AIX, never had a
problem.

Happy TSM-ing!