ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Point in time restore problem

2007-05-26 09:58:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Point in time restore problem
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 09:57:22 -0400
On May 26, 2007, at 9:34 AM, Paul Dudley wrote:

OK - can I perform an absolute/unqualified incremental backup from the
command line using the dsmc command?

If so then how? I cannot see the correct option to use under dsmc
incr.

There is no option... That's the whole point - it's unqualified: you are
in no way restricting the incremental backup, which proceeds on the
basis of inventory comparison with prior backups.
This is the most basic TSM backup, as described in the client manual:

Full and partial incremental backup
  If you select entire file systems, you are performing a full
incremental
  backup. If you select a directory tree or individual files, you are
  performing a partial incremental backup.

Read through the "Backing up your data" section of the client manual.
The TSM Concepts redbook also helps explain the differences.

  Richard Sims