ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Failed image backup on Linux

2007-05-24 17:11:16
Subject: [ADSM-L] Failed image backup on Linux
From: Bob Booth <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 16:10:25 -0500
A strange problem has just cropped up with an image backup on Linux.

The server is 5.3.4.2 running on AIX, and the linux client version is 5.2.2
(I know it is old, but we have some 'legacy' issues).

This just started happening, as it has been running literally for months
without any problems.  The entire image is transmitted, yet the backup
fails:

Backup Image Function Invoked.

Using static image backup.
Session established with server ADSM0: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 5, Release 3, Level 4.2
  Data compression forced off by the server
  Server date/time: 05/23/07   04:54:09  Last access: 05/22/07   23:21:36

ANS1228E Sending of object '/dev/da0' failed
ANS1304W Active object not found

ANS1813E Image Backup processing of '/dev/da0' finished with failures.

Total number of objects inspected:        1
Total number of objects backed up:        0
Total number of objects updated:          0
Total number of objects rebound:          0
Total number of objects deleted:          0
Total number of objects expired:          0
Total number of objects failed:           1
Total number of bytes transferred:    575.00 GB
Data transfer time:                23,828.05 sec
Network data transfer rate:        25,303.42 KB/sec
Aggregate data transfer rate:      25,247.96 KB/sec
Objects compressed by:                    0%
Elapsed processing time:           06:38:00

this happens for both images being backed up.  Is the ANS1304W the problem,
and what exactly is it trying to say?  Like I said, this has been working
for months and just started failing a few days ago.

Anyone seen this before?

TIA,

Bob