ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Preemption

2007-05-24 14:15:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Preemption
From: Bill Carlson <bill-carlson AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:14:40 -0500
On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 05:25:30PM +0200, PAC Brion Arnaud wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Is it possible that your reclamation processes are handling huge files ?
> In that case TSM will wait till the current file is finished before
> releasing the drive ....

That's a good thought, typically there are files moving around in the 60+GB
range.

However, if this were the case, would you expect to see a actlog message that
a reclamation process was preempted?

I ran a restore myself, the client session never indicated any change other
than "Waiting for server...", the session was dropped at the server. Even
when the drives freed up, the client never recovered and I had to terminate
the client.

--
Bill Carlson