ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fw: DRM Plan use in DR Test

2007-05-21 13:22:15
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fw: DRM Plan use in DR Test
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 13:21:37 -0400
I've always emailed the prepare file to myself.  The things that change
daily are the DB Backup/Snapshot volume, and the macro's to mark the
storage pool volumes unavailable/offline/readonly.  From the email I can
get the DB Backup volume, and for the storage pool volume access changes, I
run an Update Volume command against all volumes in the storagepool, so I
don't need the exact list.  When I change something that would effect the
TSM DASD volume structure (DB, Log or StgPool), I get a new mksysb/sysback
tape cut and send it off.

Once you have the DB Backup restored, all the other information you need is
there.

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 05/21/2007 01:18 PM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/21/2007
12:38:55 PM:

> Our TSM server is on AIX. The question I have is: Do I need to run a
mksysb
> daily (rotating on a seven-day schedule) to keep the DRM plan (including
> scripts to explode) offsite going forward? How are some of you guys/gals
> getting your DRM plan offsite so that you can use it upon restore your OS
and
> before diving into the TSM database restore? We have a relationship with
Iron