ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Poor TSM server performance on Sun.

2007-05-20 08:51:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Poor TSM server performance on Sun.
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT SPACE DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 14:50:25 +0200
Ben,
on Solaris we had similar performance problems, and we also didn't
find a reason for the problems.

But the good thing is, that (even without a reason) the problems were
gone when we started to use raw devices instead of filesystems. After
weeks of playing with filesystem options we tried to use the disks as
raw devices, and performance since then is ok.
I don't think iSCSI is having a problem with TSM. One of our disk-
shelves is iSCSI-attached to a Windows server, we don't feel any pain
with this device there.

Good luck,
best regards,
Michael