ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] STORAGE MANAGER FOR MAIL

2007-05-17 22:03:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] STORAGE MANAGER FOR MAIL
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 22:02:17 -0400
The manual shows this:
ACN5705W
    An error was encountered with Tivoli Storage Manager
    API initialization, rc = returncode. Examine the dsierror.log
    for more information or determine if the TSM API is installed
    properly.
Explanation:
    An attempt was made to run setup for the Tivoli Storage
    Manager API. However, errors were encountered.
System action:
    Processing continues.
User response:
    Examine the dsierror.log file to determine the problem. If this
    file does not exist, it is possible that the TSM API is not
    installed properly. If this is the case, reinstall the
    TSM API and try running the command again.

RC=612

   DSM_RC_NLS_INVALID_CNTL_REC (0612)
       The system is unable to use the message text file.

(The RC612 = DSM_RC_NLS_INVALID_CNTL_REC is in the TSM API manual.)

I would (re)install the TSM BA client so that the TSM API
and its correct parts are (re)installed.
If that does not help, I recommend calling IBM support.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/17/2007
04:37:34 PM: