ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Server migration

2007-05-17 08:09:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Server migration
From: "Haberstroh, Debbie (IT)" <HABERDE AT VOUGHTAIRCRAFT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 07:06:46 -0500
Steven and Larry,

One of the options we are looking at is to "restore" the database to both sides
of the new server and remove the nodes that are not moving to the server,
essentially splitting the database.  This was a high level recommendation from
a consultant.  Part of the problem with this method is the copypool is shared
by the majority of the nodes.  I will probably need to create a new storage
pool heirarchy and move some of the nodedata to this before we go to the new
server.  We were then going to setup the nodes to backup to their respective
new servers.  Finally, I would need to migrate the remaining data that was
backed up since the time of the database backup that we used for the restore.
When I do the final export/import, does it go to the disk storage pool assigned
to the node or does it go to tape?  I know there are multiple options to doing
this and we are still in the research mode.  I will go through the archive and
look for past suggestions and recommendations on this.  Thanks.