ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Looking for a broker or buyer for Finisar SFP and Qlogic HBA

2007-05-14 20:02:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Looking for a broker or buyer for Finisar SFP and Qlogic HBA
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 20:02:04 -0400
On May 14, 2007, at 6:40 PM, Curtis Preston wrote:

It doesn't look like you've blindly looked for this mailing list
lately.
Consider a first time poster.  I start at Google and search on "TSM
mailing list"  The first two links are for adsm.org.  adsm.org has an
ADSM-L mailing list ARCHIVE, but no mention on how to join the list.
The fifth link (with only a few weeks in existence) was my forum
linking
to the TSM list.  On my site, I show you how to subscribe to the
mailing
list or forum.  If I search on ADSM-L, I get taken all over the place,
including back to the IBM website where they have their own forums, a
mention of this list, but no instructions on how to get into it.

So we look at Wikipedia.  I see a link on Wikipedia to the ADSM.org
site, which SAYS it's known for the ADSM-L mailing list.  I've already
discussed that problem.  There's references to some of the
archives, and
a reference to RSS feeds, but no reference on the good ol' email
interface.  How do I join this thing, and is it the thing I want to
join?  Most links seem to point to adsm.org, which is NOT this list
and
isn't connected to this list.

Curtis - I think you're stretching the point for some reason...

Using TSM means using a TSM client, and thereby get a client manual,
and all the client manuals describe the ADSM-L mailing list and how
to join.  Open, read, participate.

Or, online:
From the TSM Support Page (cited in the TSM manuals)
 http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/
IBMTivoliStorageManager.html
click on Tivoli communities, and you get to
 http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/
Tivoli_Communities.html
which contains instructions for joining.  The IBM Web staff have done
a good job organizing this info and making it readily findable.  We
should applaud their efforts.

Further, do a Google search on      adsm-l subscribe
and you get the goods.

This is not challenging.  A customer technician with the skills to
install and maintain vendor software is sufficiently proficient to
find basic info like this.

    Richard Sims    sometime documenter