ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Ondemand, and tsm retention settings

2007-05-02 12:39:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] Ondemand, and tsm retention settings
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 12:38:41 -0400
We are setting up an ondemand server.  This will use tsm as its primary
storage.
>From what I can glean from the ondemand manuals, it uses an api client
to manage its storage.

How do I set retention parms in the copygroup for this.
The ondeman system uses time only as a determiner of valid data. I.e.
retain for 6 months.

This uses backups, not archives.

For a 1 year retention policy I have currently defined
As follows:

def copyg oneyear standard standard t=b vere=1 verd=0 reto=366 rete=366
-
dest=backuppool

Any help is appreciated.  A pointer to the appropriate manual section is
fine.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University