ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Linux Client Performance

2007-04-03 14:38:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Linux Client Performance
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 13:03:56 -0400
>> On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:23:43 +0100, Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
>> said:

> I am in the process of setting up some Linux TSM Clients at a remote
> site and am wondering if there are any good resources available for
> performance management as so far they are running painful slowly. I
> have tested some ftp'ing of files and these run fine.

> Does anyone have pointers to nay good documentation that could help
> with this?

Especially for long distance work, make sure that all the different
buffers up and down the line are big enough to hold all the in-flight
data.  If your FTP is working well, then someone has adjusted the TCP
Window size, but there are buffers in the TSM server and TSM client
whose capacity needs to be large enough, too.

- Allen S. Rout