ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] for those using VTL

2007-03-29 17:06:51
Subject: [ADSM-L] for those using VTL
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:06:02 -0700
We have a number of vendors coming in with their wares and I was
wondering if those who use a VTL might pass on some info. As you all
know when you're in these types of sales pitches you always hear how
great theirs are and that nobody else can do what they do. My questions
are below.

1.      What VTL did you choose?
2.      Is it all they said it would be?
3.      If you do it over again would you choose differently and if so
which one? This could also relate to wishing a current product was out
at the time you made your decision.
4.      Is anyone using their VTL in a multi-system environment where
you have either more than 1 TSM server and/or both TSM 'AND' Netbackup?
5.      Is anyone replicating their VTL to a DR site? If so are you
experiencing any issues there?

I understand there is going to be many answers here but I'd prefer to
get the lowdown on how things work from those that are using them and
not from someone who tells me how it's going to work.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator
SAIC M/S-G1b