ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Shrinking scratch pools - tips?

2007-03-29 00:54:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Shrinking scratch pools - tips?
From: Rainer Holzinger <rainer_holzinger AT WEB DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 06:53:44 +0200
Hi Milton,

one reason, 'old' TDPO/RMAN backups will not be expired anymore could be
that your Oracle DBA's are using a different RMAN recovery catalog now.
So every TDPO/RMAN backup which would be part of the 'old' RMAN recovery
catalog wouldn't be expired anymore.
Another reason could be that your Oracle databases are having a
different DBID now for some reason. This is most likely if an Oracle
database has been 'cloned' from another one.
I have noticed both situations a couple of times in our installation.

best regards,
Rainer

--------------------------------
RHo-Consulting
Alter Bahnhof 13
D-93093 Donaustauf
phone:   +49 9403 969174
mobile:  +49 162 2807 888
email:    rainer.holzinger AT t-online DOT de

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender IMMEDIATELY; you should
not copy the e-mail or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents
to any other person.

VIRUSES:
Although there have been taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any viruses, the recipient should at its sole
discretion take the necessary measures to ensure that the received
messages are actually virus free