ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] NDMP

2007-03-28 11:23:07
Subject: [ADSM-L] NDMP
From: "Whitlock, Brett" <brett.whitlock AT COUNTRYFINANCIAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:22:23 -0500
We are in the process of investigating some new NAS devices.  Our
current boxes are Windows based and we embrace the incremental forever
philosophy.

Will you please weigh in with your experiences regarding CELERRA VS BLUE
ARC using NDMP for backups?  These would go to W2K3 TSM Servers (5.3.3)
with EMC clarrion disk libraries attached.

Good?  Bad? Gotcha's?.  Do I lose individual file restorability with the
Full + differential lifestyle?  What am I getting myself into?

Thanks,  Brett