ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] HSM for Windows

2007-03-27 12:26:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] HSM for Windows
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:25:37 -0400
I have not sent anything to this list in quite some time, so please be
gentle if this topic has been thoroughly discussed in this forum before.
We are running TSM 5.3.4.0 on AIX, and recently purchased HSM to archive
from our Windows  2003 file servers.

In following the instructions to implement HSM we found that the
documentation pointed to settings on the management class for HSM.
However, once we implemented we found that those settings were not being
recognized, and data was going directly to tape as indicated by the
Archive settings.  We contacted support, and their response was that we
needed to use the Archive settings to point our HSM jobs to a storage
pool.  This doesn't seem right though, as we want files to initially go
to disk, then migrate to tape according to a last access date, not based
on a migration threshold on the storage pool.

Does anyone out there have a hint as to why we cannot use the HSM
settings?  Any help is much appreciated.