ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows 2000 and 2003 servers backups very poor performance

2007-03-23 16:22:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows 2000 and 2003 servers backups very poor performance
From: Justin Miller <Justin_T_Miller AT NBC DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:05:44 -0600
Are you certain this is a network problem?  I know we had similar problems
with some Windows servers here and it turns out that TSM was spending
hours and hours just scanning the files on the box because there were
literally millions of them.  We turned on the TSM journaling service and
that dramtically cut down the overall backup time.

Justin

Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
03/23/2007 01:50 PM