ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How to change retention (Mgmt calss) after Archive

2007-03-23 14:17:30
Subject: [ADSM-L] How to change retention (Mgmt calss) after Archive
From: Muthukumar Kannaiyan <mkannaiyan AT WORLDBANK DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:17:08 -0400
Hello,
      Our Unix admins did archive with default mgmt class for archive. Now they
want to change the duration. How do I do it?

Regards
Muthu
202-458-8340 - Work

             Zoltan
             Forray/AC/VCU
             <zforray AT VCU DOT ED
             U>                      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                                 cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                                   Subject
             <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI         Re: [ADSM-L] When is a new node not
a new
             ST.EDU>                 node....

             03/09/2007
             10:21 AM

             Please respond
               "ADSM: Dist
              Stor Manager"
             <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                 ST.EDU>

But, that is not what I need to do.

The nodename will remain the same (so will the DSM.SYS).  It is the box
that will be completely different (physically, IP) yet have the same
filesystem structure/names.

"Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
03/08/2007 08:50 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] When is a new node not a new node....

You can rename a node using the "rename node" command.
If you do this, then change the nodename option in your dsm.sys file,
all will be well.
I tested this yesterday using  tsm v5.3 client to a v5.2.9 server both
solaris 2.8.

1. reg node gp3
2. set up node gp3 and back up a large directory tree.
3. ren node gp3 gp4
4. edit dsm.sys on gp3, changing nodename to gp4.
5. start the command line, ( as root) to enter the admin password for
node gp4.  This is the old password for gp3.
6. restart command line client, and do a restore.  Files were restored
succesfully.

Hope this helps.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer