ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Wiindows 2000 and 2003 servers backups very poor performance

2007-03-22 17:52:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Wiindows 2000 and 2003 servers backups very poor performance
From: "Carpenter, Curtis" <CCarpenter AT HESS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:52:00 -0400
I would make sure whatever speed and duplex setting you have the nic set to,
you should set the switch port to match.  I would try to avoid setting both to
autonegotiate, as I have personally seen horrible performance with that
setting.  Also, run diags on network interfaces to rule out any hardware
problems.  Are u using a seperate nic for your tivoli backups or are u using
just one nic for all network communication on these servers?