ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] missed backup

2007-03-20 11:58:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] missed backup
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:58:08 -0700
What we have are 2 windows clients, one on 5.3.4.0 and another on
5.3.4.8. Both of these clients consistently show missed, yet you can
restart the scheduler service and it will communicate and pick up the
schedule. The log on the client shows no attempt to start and the TSM
server only has the standard messages when the attempt to contact a
client fails. Gui and command line access from the client work just
fine.

I've asked those folks to verify certain things but have not heard back
so I thought while waiting for a response I'd throw this out there.
Besides the standard NIC/switch mismatch, which I have seen cause this,
is there something DNS wise that might cause this and does anyone have
any suggestions for other things to check?

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator
SAIC M/S-G1b