ADSM-L

Re: Backing up full primary stgpool

2007-03-15 11:09:47
Subject: Re: Backing up full primary stgpool
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:04:13 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager on behalf of Richard Mochnaczewski
During DR,  we would like to restore one of our primary storage pool but not
just the incremental of the last night's backup but as it looks with all its
cached data. Aside from not running a migration to tape which puts us at risk
of losing data that hasn't been backed up to tape, is there a way of achieving
this using native TSM commands ?

This question doesn't make much sense to me. Are you talking about recreating
your primary disk storage pool? There's no need for that during a DR exercise.

Are you talking about restoring your primary tape storage pool? There's no need
for that either. Your copy storage pool (the volumes of which should all be at
your DR site), can be used to rebuild lost servers, provided that the primary
tape storage pool is marked as DESTROYED once your TSM database is restored and
the TSM server is running.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior consultant