ADSM-L

Re: TSM SQL restore

2007-03-08 09:12:18
Subject: Re: TSM SQL restore
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:12:02 -0500
Hi Mark,

Are you using the same TSM NODENAME in the DSM.OPT file that was
used to back up the databases?

If not, try this:

1. Copy the DSM.OPT file from the SERVER1 machine to the
   SERVER2 machine. Call it something like, SERVER1.OPT

2. Connect to the TSM Server from this machine, storing the password.
       TDPSQLC QUERY TSM /TSMOPTFile=SERVER1.OPT /TSMPASS=password

3. Make sure you can see the backups:
       TDPSQLC QUERY TSM * /TSMOPTFile=SERVER1.OPT

4. If everything above works, retry the restore.
       TDPSQLC restore DBA_Admin full /RECOVery=No /fromsqlserver=SERVER1
/TSMOPTFile=SERVER1.OPT
       TDPSQLC restore DBA_Admin log=* /fromsqlserver=SERVER1
/TSMOPTFile=SERVER1.OPT

There is a IBM Technote that explains this for the DP/SQL GUI:

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/08/2007
08:37:51 AM:

> Very similar. I get this:
>
> D:\TDPSql>tdpsqlc restore DBA_Admin full /fromsqlserver=SDHQ04-DEVSQL04
> IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases:
> Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server
> Version 5, Release 3, Level 3.0
> (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2006. All rights reserved.
> Starting Sql database restore...
> Querying Tivoli Storage Manager server for a list of database
> backups, please wait...
> ACO0261I There are no backups for the server named
SDHQ04-DEVSQL04\meta\0000.