ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 upgrade and Oracle TDP help

2007-03-07 21:48:45
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 upgrade and Oracle TDP help
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 20:48:20 -0600
Bob Booth wrote:

> I'm getting ready to do an upgrade from TSM 5.2.9 to TSM 5.3.4 and I am
> really confused about the Oracle TDP license.

Just about the TDPO license?  :)

> Do I still need a xxx.lic file for the TSM server, if so, where does it
> live?
>
> I have downloaded TSM 5.3 EE and the TSM 5.3 DP for Oracle from the PA
> website.  The only license files that exist are tsmbasic.lic and tsmee.lic
> and we are licensed for extended addition, DP for databases, and DP for mail.

At TSM 5.3, the only server-side license files are for Basic, Extended
Edition, and Data Retention.  All the TDP, library, SAP, etc. license
files are gone on the server side.

Of course, you still need those _licenses_, but not the license files.

The only TDPO license file you'll need is the one installed on the
Oracle server as part of the TDPO client installation.

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa