ADSM-L

Re: Determining What tapes files are on

2007-03-05 06:09:49
Subject: Re: Determining What tapes files are on
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:00:01 +0100
Well, not using documented commands that is...
If you issue the following SQL statement to retrieve the file's object
id:

select * from backups where node_name='<your nodename>' and
filespace_name='\\<your nodename>\<driveletter>$' and
hl_name='\<directory path>\' and ll_name='<filename>'

you can use the command:

Show bfo 0 <object id>

to retrieve object id of the superbit if it's a sub bit object. If you
know the superbit object ID a show bfo 0 <superbit id> shows you the
tapes (both primary and copy pool) on which the file is stored.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines