ADSM-L

Re: Can I enlarge a dbvol by mirroring?

2007-03-02 09:18:45
Subject: Re: Can I enlarge a dbvol by mirroring?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:18:25 -0500
>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:45:37 +0100, Otto Schakenbos <oschakenbos AT TELEFLEX
>> DOT COM> said:

> Maybe you can define a third bigger dbvol copy, then delete one of the
> smaller ones and define another bigger dbvol copy and then delete the
> last small dbvol?

So we're back to the initial question. :)

I haven't checked this recently, but when I did, it didn't work: Say
you're starting with 9G vols and want to move to 15: The first 15G
volume you add generates a warning that you won't be able to use all
the space, are you sure?

Then once you go ahead and add it, it has an effective capacity equal
to the mirror you just started.

[hiatus]

OK, now I've tested it recently. :)

It still works this way at
Storage Management Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 5, Release 3, Level 4.0

- Allen S. Rout