ADSM-L

Re: AIX 4.3.3 client out of memory

2007-03-01 16:55:36
Subject: Re: AIX 4.3.3 client out of memory
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 07:54:53 +1000
David,

32 bit AIX has a segmented addressing scheme.  It is possible to flip
bits in the headers of executables to change the usage of some segments
and by so doing increase the available memory.  This is routine in
Domino environments because up to and including Domino 6 it was still 32
bit.  There are topics on this subject in the AIX Info Center.

You've got to ask the question though,  with low end AIX boxes at the
prices that they are and with three-year maintenance bundled-in, you
could probably replace the box  for the cost of the saving in
maintenance, and end up with a supported OS to boot.

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Brisbane Australia.
/
David Longo wrote:/
/I was hoping someone had a simple AIX solution that I had missed
about memory or similar.  Does TSM client have some memory
limitation?

Anyway, I have started looking at virtualmountpoint, need
my Application person to get me some info on the filesystem
and how I can break it up  - and make sure that I get everything!

David Longo

/
/Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> 3/1/2007 10:40 AM >>>
/