ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L Digest - 26 Feb 2007 to 27 Feb 2007 (#2007-51)

2007-02-28 00:56:01
Subject: Re: ADSM-L Digest - 26 Feb 2007 to 27 Feb 2007 (#2007-51)
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:52:16 -0600
Use two different node names, one for each OS. There is no way to avoid
this. I've tried, and I've lost data that way, even though one of my OSs
was able to mount the other's file system. You must consider dual-boot
as two different machines.

Using two node names is the only way you can guarantee the ability to
restore, and restore is the whole point of backup, after all.

=============== "He who laughs last has a good backup." ================