ADSM-L

Re: dual boot backup ¿?¿?¿?

2007-02-27 10:51:31
Subject: Re: dual boot backup ¿?¿?¿?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:50:24 -0700
Is the question whether you can use the Linux or Windows client to back up
the same file system into the same file space on the TSM server? That is,
the view of \\machname\d$ will remain consistent regardless of whether you
back up from Linux or Windows? If so, I would say "no". We certainly
haven't tested this, and it would be considered an "unsupported
configuration" if you ran into problems.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2007-02-27
08:28:12 AM: