ADSM-L

Re: Active Only Storage Pools for DR

2007-02-16 17:54:43
Subject: Re: Active Only Storage Pools for DR
From: Helder Garcia <helder.garcia AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:54:23 -0200
Which command did you use? "copy activedata" or "backup stgpool"?

On 2/16/07, Colwell, William F. <bcolwell AT draper DOT com> wrote:

Hi,

I did a little test of active-only pools and they do have inactive files
in them.
The way they differ from ordinary pools is that during reclaim all
inactive
versions will be squeezed out, whereas with ordinary pools only expired
versions
are.  Except at the very start of the AOP implementation there will
always be inactive versions.
You just can't reclaim that quickly.

You copypool will still have inactive version too unless you reclaim it
aggressively.

The feature is mis-named; it should be 'almost active-only if
aggressively reclaimed'.

I hope someone else will run some simple test of this.  When I did mine,
query contents
of the volumes showed the inactive files until the reclaim was done.

Bill Colwell
Draper Lab