ADSM-L

Fw: Active Only Storage Pools for DR

2007-02-15 12:08:08
Subject: Fw: Active Only Storage Pools for DR
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:15:47 -0500
You may want to search the list archives on the issues with collocating an
offsite pool - it's not as easy/clean as you may be thinking.

While the customer may be OK with a corrupted file at the DR recovery, how
happy will they be if that's the one file needed to bring up the key
application in the environment?  What if the corruption of the file is the
reason for the disaster (not all DR's are because of environmental factors,
some are declared because of virus/malware/hacker activity, or other
unforeseen issues).

There are some corners that shouldn't be cut, and that one sounds a bit
risky to me.

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 02/15/2007 02:11 PM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/15/2007
02:02:22 PM: