ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.

2007-02-13 13:40:09
Subject: Re: TSM 5.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:39:12 -0500
On Feb 13, 2007, at 11:17 AM, Carlos Guelbenzu wrote:

Hello,

I got here a TSM server giving me headache with this log, what
would you
recommend to deal with it?

ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 416 megabytes.
ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 1024 megabytes.
ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
ANR0206W Partial write detected on database volume
E:\TSMDATA\D1747276.DBV,
logical page 101376 (physical page 36096).

See the bottom of IBM Technote 1250538 for a possible way out of that.
Also, get into the habit of following guidelines in the TSM Problem
Determination Guide, in this case its topic
  "Unable to read the database during server restart".

Ongoing, you should review the Admin Guide recommendations for
safeguarding
the TSM database and Recovery Log, particularly relative to mirroring
and
sequential write considerations.

   Richard Sims