ADSM-L

Re: Unavailable volume

2007-02-09 12:19:25
Subject: Re: Unavailable volume
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 09:19:04 -0800
Kerry Campbell wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I received an unusual message in my TSM report today, that told me there
> is one volume unavailable.
>

> How could this condition occur, how can I locate the unavailable volume,
> and in general what is the remedy.

I had this happen once when the barcode reader in our library started
returning spurious results. I first set the affected volumes to
read-only (update vol somevol acc=reado) and then did an audit on those
volumes (audit vol somevol fix=no). Nothing bad came up, so I then
updated them to read-write (readw). I find it useful to look at the
mounter log to see what TSM is expecting and what's actually happening.
You can do this by running dsmadmc with the "-mountmode" flag.

-- Foege Building S048, (206)-685-7354