ADSM-L

Re: large files not restoring..

2007-02-08 07:34:01
Subject: Re: large files not restoring..
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 07:32:42 -0500
On Feb 7, 2007, at 11:35 PM, Gerald wrote:

I setup a new AIX 5.3 server and created a JFS2 file system of
substantial size. However, when I restore a directory of Notes NSF
files (TSM archive of a UNIX directory of NSF files), some files are
failing to restore with the message "file over user or system size
limit". I'm not sure what's causing this.

I suspect it's something incorrect in the file system creation? I
don't think there are any user quotas by default when you install AIX
5.3. Appreciate any help i'm sure i'm missing something silly.

When posting, include DETAILS, so that we can reasonably advise.
Include things like the message number, so people trying to help you
do not have to go through an extensive text content search.

This would be message ANS4025E.  We have no information on the size
of your file system ("substantial size"??) or problem files, so you
need to first compare your numbers against the sizes documented in
the message description.

If disk quotas are in effect for the file system, then the quota.user
file therein will have recent updating.

Check your AIX Error Log for clues.

You should also verify that the Unix Resource Limits "filesize"
value is not impeding you.  IBM Technote: 1250217.

I'm not into Lotus Notes, but I get the impression that its NSF files
are "sparse" files.  If so, you may be running into problems with
inflation during the restoral, particularly if client option
"MAKesparsefile No" is in effect.

  Richard Sims