ADSM-L

Re: Expiration

2007-02-07 13:36:03
Subject: Re: Expiration
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:34:36 -0500
On Feb 7, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Kevin Boatright wrote:

Is there any way expire inventory on all nodes except for a select
few?
I have two servers that I cannot delete any data on.

No - there is no such capability with Expire Inventory.

I changed the management class on thse two servers to not delete
files.
The management class has been changed on active files but not on
inactive files. But, when expiration runs next, it will delete the
inactive files.

To keep the old files around, you need to boost at least the
retention period within the Copy Group(s) in the Management Classes
to which the files are bound.  You may also need to boost the
versions value, if ongoing backups will "push out" what you want to
keep.

  Richard Sims