ADSM-L

Re: Replacing tapes

2007-02-01 09:32:19
Subject: Re: Replacing tapes
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:29:47 -0500
IF you can successfully move the physical label, not guaranteed you
can, then us the LABEL LIBVOL command. This is command you use to
check new tapes in for first time also.

David Longo

>>> Kerry Campbell <kcampbell AT MEDSYNERGIES DOT COM> 2/1/2007 8:59 AM >>>
Hello All,

I have two questions.

1)  I need to replace tape 000014 in library medslib since it is bad.
have a blank tape of the same size, without a label.

Can I take the label from the bad tape and put it on the good tape?
If
this is possible, what would I need to do to checkin this tape
properly?

2)I am going to add more tepes to the library since we don't have
enough
for proper rotation to vault.  I plan to add tapes 000031-000050 to
the
library.

What are the commands to checkin a tape for the first time?

Thanks,

Kerry

*** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***

This message and any included attachments are from MedSynergies, Inc.
and are intended only for the addressee. The contents in this message
contain confidential information belonging to the sender that is legally
protected. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or
use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If
you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and
notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or contact
MedSynergies, Inc. at PostMaster AT MedSynergies DOT com.