ADSM-L

Re: Getting and using time values with sql

2007-01-31 22:20:41
Subject: Re: Getting and using time values with sql
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:14:20 +1000
Lee, Gary D. wrote:
Tsm server 5.2.9.0, running on solaris 2.8.
I would like to restrict a tsm script from running between the hours of
4:00 and 9:00 aa.m..

I haven't figured out how to test the value of time in a script, and
branch on that test.
Any pointers would be helpful.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University

Hi Gary,

It just so happens that I was looking at a manual yesterday and it turns
out that TSM's SQL supports the SQL92 EXTRACT keyword, which will do
what you want.

Here is a test script - you'll see how to change it.

select server_name from status where extract(hour from current
timestamp) between 8 and 9
if (rc_ok) goto eightnine
issue message I "not between 8 and 9"
goto exit
eightnine: issue message I "message between 8 and 9"
exit:

Is that what you were looking for?

Regards

Steve