ADSM-L

Re: Help! Trying to define a devclass of type: file and it keeps failing

2007-01-31 22:20:25
Subject: Re: Help! Trying to define a devclass of type: file and it keeps failing
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:07:44 -0500
On Jan 31, 2007, at 8:49 AM, Joni Moyer wrote:

Hi Richard,

I have looked in the manual and the only thing it references is
that the
default is 2 G.  I do not see a maximum limit for a file device
class.  I
have looked in the Reference Guide and the Admin Guide.

I guess I had thought that in order to do a database backup to disk I
would need the maxcapacity to be the size of my current database
backup
which is actually 122 GB, but I thought I would allow it some space
for
growth.

Am I missing something within the manual?  Thanks again!

Joni -

When referring to manuals, make sure your are using the one published
for your running release level - or, use the Help command.

You are running the 5.2 AIX server.
On page 162 of the 5.2 server Admin Ref manual (GC32-0769-01), says:

   The maximum value is 64GB (MAXCAPACITY=64G).

 Richard Sims