ADSM-L

tsm-database Volumes on zfs

2007-01-27 08:51:43
Subject: tsm-database Volumes on zfs
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT UNI-ULM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:11:26 +0100
Dear TSMers,
we have tsm server 5.3.4.0 on solaris10 and already using zfs
for all backup-diskPools and filepools on disk.
We currently use the tsm-db-volumes ( define dbvol ) on UFS .

Because we just got a new raid for the tsm-db we now want to use
the new one with 'zfs' and move the tsmdb-volumes onto that.

The question now is: are there any special things/settings
to think about when using 'zfs' for the tsmdb-volumes instead of 'ufs' ?
... any caveats ?

best regards
 and thanks in advance !
Rainer

Rainer Wolf                          eMail:       rainer.wolf AT uni-ulm DOT de
kiz - Abt. Infrastruktur           Tel/Fax:      ++49 731 50-22482/22471
Universitaet Ulm                     wwweb:        http://kiz.uni-ulm.de